KY Win Place Show
Win Place Show was a KY lottery game based on live horse racing results and launched in August 2020. This groundbreaking game was the first daily U.S. lottery-sports betting hybrid.
Following a highly successful trial run in March 2019, Win Place Show was initially set to begin statewide ticket sales in April 2020, but the date was pushed back due to the coronavirus outbreak.
However, sales obviously didn't match expectations and the game ended on 23rd January 2021
How Win Place Show was played
Win Place Show was be a three-number game with Quick Pick tickets. A different live race was available to play every day.
- Each play cost $2
- Tickets were Quick Pick only
- Tickets were print with three numbers. Each one is a horse running in the specified race. Other information shown included the horses' names, race date, track name and post time
How to Win
Players win a prize if their numbers match the numbers of the horses that finish in the top three in that day's race. There are three ways you can win:
- First prize (cash): Match all of the top three winning horses' numbers in EXACT order
- Second prize (cash): Match all of the top three winning horses' numbers in ANY order
- Third prize (free ticket): Match any TWO of the top three winning horses' numbers in EXACT order (first and second OR second and third)
The racetrack announced the official results for each race. If the race is cancelled or one of your horses scratches, visit a select lottery retailer for a free replacement ticket.
Prizes and Odds of Winning
Check the table to see the estimated chance of winning a first, second, or third prize depending on how many horses are racing.
First and second prizes were a cash payment - the amount depended on how large the prize pool is, based on ticket sales. Each prize pool is shared equally (pari-mutuel) if there are multiple winners on a tier.
Third prize was a free ticket.
|Number of Horses||First Prize||Second Prize||Third Prize (free ticket)|